.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

On My Workbench: Wire Wrapped Peace Sign Necklace

  

A peek into my workshop...
Wire Wrapped Peace Sign Necklace 




When I put the photo below up on my facebook page
Friday night, I entitled it "The Friday Night Special!"

I was playing with some fine gauge sterling silver wire before you know it, the peace sign appeared! ...I had some beads in mind that I had been in the mood to work with - mainly the small rainbow moonstones on the right.  I decided to add just 2 or 3 of them to the pendant as accents. 


Problem was, once I had the moonstones attached they faded right into the peace sign design! This would not do... so I used a Liver of Sulfur mixture to patina the silver, transforming it into a dark gray. 




This is what it looked like after I removed it from the 
patina solution.



Next I took a polishing cloth with some old silver polish
 on it and just polished it up a bit, removing some of the gray
so that you could see spots of the shiny sterling silver.




Finally finished!



My favorite finish is to show great contrast between the dark black and the shiny silver. 
I love the way this turned out! 


What do you think?


Pin this post!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...