.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pallet Box and Coat Rack



Pallet furniture is more than just a phase right now, it's a creative outlet that is catching on like wildfire....and I love it! Our good friends, Melissa and Eric, have jumped on the bandwagon and they have made some amazing things! I asked them to take some photos of their projects so that I could show off my creative friends! 

Pallet Coat Rack: Right when you walk in their door, this adorable coat rack (that looks like it's straight from Pottery Barn) hangs on their wall.  The dark wood stain and brushed bronze hooks are functional and unique!




Pallet Box: I am still in such amazement over this box. They used wood from an old pallet to create this rustic storage box. I absolutely love the shape and color of it. The slits on the side add character and functionality. This is one of my favorite projects from one of my favorite materials! 




Thanks for sharing your creative work, Melissa and Eric!

NOTE:  ***Before selecting your pallet, make sure that you are aware of how the pallet was treated in order to make sure it is safe for your house. All pallets should be marked with a code that lets you know how it has been treated.
-Heat treatment (HT) (SAFEST OPTION FOR USE IN YOUR HOME)-Methyl bromide fumigation (MB) -Chemical pressure impregnation (CPI)It is also very important to make sure that the pallet is free of insects. Make sure the wood is in good condition and does not splinter easy





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...