.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Recycled Kitchen Cupboards to Paint Canvas's


Guess what this was in a past life? When we remodeled the kitchen, I sold most of my old cabinets through the newspaper but was left with some drawer sections that I had no idea what to do with. Turns out they make fantastic paint surfaces! This is the art piece I have hanging above my bed.


I think it's kind of awesome because when me and Chris were dating we actually designed our bedroom furniture. We drew it out, made the measurements, decided on the style, etc. and then when we bought our house my dad made and gave the finished pieces to us. I love having something that's our personal taste AND handmade by my dad. I have an old oil painting that my grandmother hanging on the adjacent wall and although I don't know if I'll ever be at her skill level, I love having my own across the wall.


To make it less cupboard-like, I textured the flat surface with joint compound and used paints I already had from around the house mixing and creating colors with the same color palette, yet not exactly matching the walls. In all this project cost me $0.00 Does that feel good or what?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...