.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

How to make a Woven Magazine Purse



I just made my first woven magazine clutch! It looks so great I'm excited to list it on etsy. I added a wristlet handel and lined it with a zipper closure so it can double as a coin purse. Don't worry, it'lll be on etsy tonight.

The instructions are really hard to find for these bags. I searched for days until I found this one. They go over everything start to finish and you don't have to buy any instructions.

Mine is made with a Salt Lake City Map and a Davis County Map so just in case you ever get lost in this area you can always look down and see a scrambled map right there on your clutch! It's just big enough to hold a cell phone, a lipstick, and a couple cards... so perfect for a night out. I've got more details on mine here. Making the clutch took over four hours so it's no wonder they go for so much as farmer's markets. Take your time, have fun, and listen to some great music while you do it and don't get frustrated!




I actually doubled the size of each individual piece so my purse I'm working on now will have bigger, bolder, weaves and will be about four times the size of my clutch. I'll post pictures as they come up.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...